Monday, March 1, 2010

Crazy weekend...

This weekend was the start of a crazy couple of months...we have lots of things going on in the next several weeks.

Friday night, Grandma and Grandpa came over to visit Miss Ayla. Grandpa put Ayla to bed and Grandma helped me make ten pounds of chicken salad for my friend, Lisa's wedding shower the next day. THANK YOU Barb!!!! Honestly, without her help, it would have taken me three times as long.

On Saturday, I went to an adorable baby shower for a friend of mine early in the afternoon. Once I got home, I ransacked my closet for an outfit to wear to Lisa's wedding shower. After several changes, I ended up wearing the same cardigan I originally had on but with a different cami underneath. Figures. I headed over to the shower around 5:00 p.m. to help set up some last minute things before guests started arriving at 6:30 p.m. The shower went really well...it was so great to see it all come together after so much planning. And most importantly, Lisa had a good time. Success! It was nearly 11:00 p.m. by the time I left. I. Was. Pooped.

On Sunday, we ran a few errands, went out to lunch, and while Ayla napped, I ran back out to Carter's so I could grab a few things for my new niece who will be born in a little over a month! I'm so excited!!! She is going to be so adorable...I just know it. Once Ayla was up, she and I headed over to visit Meghan and Chris so she and Heidi could play for a couple of hours before we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner. They played so well together! It was so cute! I snagged these pictures off of Meghan's blog...




And here are a few pictures of Ayla, Haylee, and Bennett from Friday morning...I don't think it'll ever be easy to get a picture of all three of them.

As I write this, Dean and I are in the midst of trying to get Ayla to learn how to fall asleep on her own again. Up until she was a year old, we would just place her in her crib wide awake and she would babble and giggle until she dozed off. She also slept all the way through the night at that time. Once her molars took over, she started waking in the middle of the night and eventually she had to be rocked back asleep. Now that her molars are all in, she has grown accustomed to being held until she is completely asleep. As a result, she associates that with bedtime so when she wakes up in the middle of the night, she needs our help to fall back asleep. No good. All three of us need to sleep better. SO, I have been reading a book that was lent to us and it basically has us going into her room to comfort her for no more than a couple minutes at a time and we wait longer and longer between each visit. It was too easy at first. Dean put her down. She cried. He went in after three minutes and comforted her without picking her up. He came back out and she cried for a little bit and calmed herself down and was asleep in nine minutes. No way, we thought. We were right. She coughed a half an hour later and woke herself back up and was not happy. We started all over. After the second time Dean went in, she cried so hard she threw up. We cleaned it up...asleep after less than ten minutes. Sigh...and right now, 15 minutes later, she is awake and crying again. It's going to be a long night...

2 comments:

Erika said...

It WILL get easier, you can do this, AND it's best for her! Good luck. :)

RAW said...

Those last three pictures are so cute. You should have them framed!