Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sidewalk chalk...

These pictures are from yesterday--we grabbed a bucket of sidewalk chalk and headed outside. Ultimately, Ayla was much more interested in the bucket the chalk came in than the chalk itself. She ended up dumping all the pieces out. It was super windy so we weren't out there for long--we went inside to blow bubbles instead. :)

Dean is in Des Moines until Thursday evening so my brother invited Ayla and I over for dinner tonight. He made his famous homemade mac 'n cheese. It is to die for. And then he made banana chocolate malts for dessert. I think I came home five pounds heavier. Even Ayla ate well. She tends to follow the crowd when other kiddos are involved--when she's with her cousins, I think she wants to do what they're all doing so if they're eating, she wants to do the same. Good deal. I keep telling my brother I need to borrow his kids for meals so Ayla will eat. My brother and Surina had all four kids at home tonight...talk about controlled chaos. They certainly know what the heck they're doing. And to think I go nuts with just one.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Those pics are so great! Ayla is one of the most photogenic babies I have every seen!