Sunday, March 14, 2010

Great weekend with family...

On Friday night, Dean made it home from work a little earlier than usual so we packed up Ayla and headed out to dinner. We tend to choose really loud places just in case we need the noise to mask Ayla's noise. :) We need to give her a lot more credit though...she does very well when we're out. She was in such a goofy mood that night. Happy girl.

On Saturday, Dean was gone all day for a bachelor party. Ayla and I had a really good day together. She took a two-hour nap (whoa!) and after she woke up, we went over to my parents' house to hang out. We went shopping and had dinner before heading back home. She fell asleep on the way back and pretty much went right down after I changed her.

This morning, with the time change, she slept until 8:45. Dean needed some extra sleep after a late night, so I took Ayla to Target to give him some peace and quiet. We ended up finding some fun stuff. There's a new line at Target by Liberty of London. There's everything from clothing to gardening tools. All with fabulous prints. I. Want. It. All. The clothes are so cute. I bought two dresses for Ayla and one for me. Oops. Dresses are my weakness. If I could wear one every day, I would. I have some major Spring Shopping Fever right now...I love all the bright colors. I can't wait until it's warm enough to wear it all.



I was worried about how Ayla would nap because of the time change...lately she has been going down around noon, so I figured she'd probably be ready by 1:00 or so today. Not so much. It took her nearly an hour of talking, giggling, and playing in her crib to finally fall asleep at 2:3o. I kept peeking in there to see what she was doing and at one point, she was laying on her back with both of her big 'ol feet poking through the rails of her crib. Hilarious. Where was my camera when I needed it?! At least she was happy in there and not freaking out. We were concerned that if she slept too long, it would interfere with her going to bed at a decent time tonight, so we gave her an hour and decided to wake her up. I hate waking her up. It feels so wrong. She was not thrilled about it. She was pretty cranky for a while.


We went out to run a few errands so that cheered her up...especially when we got to Papa Murphy's to pick up a couple pizzas for dinner. We let her roam around while we waited for our pizzas to be made and judging by the look of glee on her face, it was like Christmas morning. So fun that the simplest little things can make her so happy. Love it.

Grandpa, Grandma, and Aunt Marla came over to join us for dinner...Ayla is always so excited to see everyone. Her first order of business? Grabbing Grandpa's hand and emptying his pocketful of change into her piggy bank. Oh goodness. At the end of the night, she didn't want anyone to leave. She wanted Grandma to "sit" and flip through her word book with her.

It was a good day...she even ate well for me. I don't get to say that very often, so I need to enjoy it when it happens. :) Overall, it was another great weekend...she is such a riot...I'm having so much fun with her.

No comments: