Saturday, March 6, 2010

Still doing well...

I know this is getting boring, but I'm going to update again. Last night, Ayla refused to drink her milk. After several tries, I decided to just put her down and hope for the best. Just like the other nights, she protested when I set her down and said good night. She only whimpered for two minutes before she quieted down and she slept until 7:35 this morning.

Tonight, Dean came home from his hunting trip and was going to put her down, but we decided it might be better if I did it again since he was gone for a couple of days. We let her drink her milk in the living room instead of trying to get her to do it in her room. She was still a little bit hesitant but ended up downing most of it. We gave her a minute or so and I brought her into her room. I snuggled with her for a very short amount of time and told her it was time to go to bed. I put her down and she didn't freak out! She didn't cry at all. Nothing. I was floored. I wish I had one of those video monitors so I could see what she was doing as she's trying to fall asleep. The only thing I'm worried about tonight is that she has been coughing quite a bit. I hope it doesn't disrupt her sleep too much.

I need to climb into bed...I spent the last couple of hours making Oreo balls for a baby shower tomorrow--my soon-to-be-born niece! You send a whole bag of Oreos through the food processor, mix it with a box of cream cheese, roll it into balls and cover them with candy coating. They. Are. Amazing. I even added hot pink sprinkles on top. They really are pretty simple to make, but every single time I make them, the F-Bomb is dropped multiple times and I want to kick myself in the face for wanting to make them. Every time, I swear I'll never make them again...until I do a taste test. Yum.

I'm hoping for some beautiful weather tomorrow so Ayla can play outside. I need to take some new pictures of her...I've been too busy posting about this whole sleep thing lately.

Have a good night...I'm off to bed.

2 comments:

Meghan Gonzales said...

I'm glad it worked - what book are you talking about? I need to be prepared - I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of tantrums coming...

Anne said...

It's called "Solve your Child's Sleep Problems," by Richard Ferber. It's completely dedicated to sleep issues...so I don't know if it'll help you with tantrums!