Thursday, March 11, 2010

3.11.10

Dean is in Des Moines again for work...just one night, so it's not so bad. However, whenever he is not here, the evenings are so boring and I have to find ways to entertain both myself and Ayla. Tonight, we watched a bunch of our videos...from her birth (which reduces me to tears every single time I see it) to recent ones of her running all over the house. I am so thankful for all the seemingly silly, random videos we've taken in the past year and a half. A lot of the times while I'm taking a video, I think, "Nothing is even going on...this might be kind of boring to watch." I'm always wrong though...a few months down the road, when I watch them, I always think, "I am so glad I took this." I watch these short snippets of our lives and it already seems like so long ago. I don't like that I can hardly remember what Ayla was like as a little baby...how do I not remember what it was like to hold her when she was so teeny-tiny? Life gets so busy, it's hard to remember the little things. So often, I have to remind myself to just stop and breathe in the moment.

No comments: