Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm running out of titles for these weekend posts...

It's been a fun and busy few days. On Friday afternoon, I trekked over to Carter Lake for a commercial shoot for Nebraska Lottery. For those of you who know me well, you know that I can't drive anywhere without getting lost eventhough I've lived in Omaha my entire life. I almost made it this time with no issues, but somehow, I ended up in a questionable part of Omaha and began to panick. The directions I wrote down were no good to me so I turned on the GPS on my phone. After freaking out for several minutes, I found my way there. Whew. The shoot was really fun--I played a coffee shop girl...I love seeing the behind-the-scenes process of it all. So much work goes into a seemingly short and simple 15-second spot. I'm excited to see the end result.

After I picked up Ayla from my parents' house, we headed home and Marla had just pulled up as we arrived. We had some pizza and wine and just hung out. It was a nice, relaxing evening at home. I think these are the best nights. Thanks for the company, Marla!

Ayla and I spent much of the day at my parents' house on Saturday. In the morning, she kept saying "bye-bye?" and would run and grab her shoes so I'd take her somewhere. I'm too boring for her, I think.

And today, I was busy with the baby shower for most of the morning and afternoon. I brought my camera but didn't take a single picture. Bummer. I was running around too much to even think about it. It went so well and it was a good time! That little baby is going to be one well-dressed child with all the clothes she received! Thank you to my mom, Barb, and Marla for helping me out with various things throughout the day...you are the best!

After the shower, Barb and Marla came over to our house to see Miss Ayla...Grandpa even drove over for a little while. Marla stayed for dinner, but Grandma and Grandpa had to take off so they could make it to the Norah Jones concert downtown. Hope it was a good show!

And now, I'm sitting on the couch and it feels awesome. Ayla went to bed really easily again tonight...she even did some talking in there while she started to doze off. Amazing. What a change from just five nights ago. I'm so proud of her...what a big girl.

I hope the next several weekends go just as well. Starting with last weekend, we have something going on each weekend until the end of April. While it's nice to have something different to do every now and then, I savor the time I get to spend with Dean and Ayla during those two days off of work each week.

The weather was not what I had hoped for today, so we didn't get outside to take pictures like I had wanted. We took a few random ones inside instead:

She likes veggie dip...


Our little helper feeding Kody

Cool chicks!

Flipping through her word bookPracticing her words before going to bed...awful picture of me, but her homey-G stance makes me laugh so I took one for the team and posted it.

No comments: