Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pigtails

Ayla's hair is starting to turn mullet-ish again...I've been debating whether or not to get it trimmed up a bit. In the meantime, I decided to try some lower pigtails to pull all that hair up. Turns out, they look adorable. I love them.
Today was my last day home with her. Boo. I'm going to miss her while I'm working tomorrow...we've had fun these past two weeks. I'm already looking forward to the next time I'll get to stay home with her again. My parents already have a trip planned to Taiwan and China the third week of May. They'll be gone for over three weeks.
This evening, Ayla and I went to the airport to pick up my parents with my brother, Haylee, and Bennett. They were nice enough to swing by our house to grab the two of us so we wouldn't have to drive by ourselves.

Once again, Ayla did not have a stroller. The freedom was too much for her to handle. She didn't know what to do first. With the guidance of her two older cousins, she figured it out pretty quickly. I think she may have ran an entire mile in the half an hour that we waited for my parents to arrive. When we finally saw them walking towards us, Ping let Haylee and Bennett go so they could run to them. It's the sweetest thing to see. They were both genuinely thrilled to see their grandparents and couldn't wait to go to them. I grabbed on to Ayla for an extra minute so she wouldn't get trampled. I didn't know how she would react and if she would even know what was going on. She was watching Haylee and Bennett and all of a sudden, I think she realized it was her Yeh-Yeh and Nai-Nai. It was the cutest thing--I heard her breathe in excitedly and she starting jumping so I let her go. She ran as fast as her little legs would carry her. She went straight for my dad and buried herself in his legs and hugged him. So. Amazingly. Sweet. I wish I would have gotten it on video. It nearly brought tears to my eyes.

It was a really great end to a really great day. Back to work tomorrow...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love her piggies! Lily had piggies in yesterday too! Lily's hair is all over crazy if I don't pull it back in some way shape or form, but I REFUSE to cut it!

The Splonskowski's said...

Love th elittle piggies!! Our Ayla had a baby mullet until she was over two! I waited for her sides to grow long enough that we could trim the back to even it up!

Laura said...

leave it long! they are too cute!!

Lindsey said...

I love pig taisl!! they are too cute!!