Wednesday, February 17, 2010

St. John!

Back while we were on our trip to Denver, Dean surprised me with the news that we would be going back to St. John (U.S. Virgin Islands) for my 30th birthday gift. We are also celebrating our 5th anniversary this spring. What better way to celebrate than going back to our honeymoon destination.We finally booked our tickets and found a villa for the week. Our friends, Ryan and Nicole, will be joining us on this trip. It's not until the third week of June, so we have a few months to go, but we're so excited...it's my absolute favorite place to be. It'll be the longest we've been away from Ayla so I need to prepare myself (8 nights!).

Like I said, we went for our honeymoon and we also went back a couple of years ago with Dean's family. A few months after that, we were on a cruise with my entire extended family (reunion) and one of the stops was St. Thomas, so we hopped over to St. John for the day. If you ever get a chance to visit this island, do it. You will not be disappointed. It's very low-key and not a major tourist-y type of place. It's amazing to be on a gorgeous beach with absolutely no one else around. It's paradise. I can't wait to sink my toes into the sand...

3 comments:

Erika said...

I can't tell you how jealous I am right now....and of course happy for you that you'll be going back. again. hmph.
NEXT time you go, we're coming.

Kim said...

i could just cry right now! i NEEEEEEED the beach! going to florida in may at least. nothing compared to st. john though :(

Leah said...

Next time... we are coming too ;) I want to see just how great this place is :)