Monday, February 28, 2011

Two showers, dinner with friends, and the circus

We had a crazy, crazy, jam-packed weekend. On Friday, Dean and I drove to Des Moines...unfortunately, the weather was not so great so it took us about three hours to get there when it normally takes two. On Saturday morning, I helped throw a baby shower for my best friend, Jamie. She is due April 14th with boy #2. I am so excited to meet her little man! I just wish we lived in the same city...I've been trying to convince her to move back for over a decade now. I don't think it's happening. It's still fun to be going through a pregnancy together though.

After the shower, Dean and I headed back to Omaha and met our old neighbors for dinner at their new house. They have a little boy a bit older than Ayla and recently had a baby girl whom we got to meet for the first time. She's adorable! She makes me even more excited for PIP's arrival. We have missed having them right across the street but luckily, they are only a couple minutes down the road.

On Sunday, I geared up for shower #2. It was a bridal shower for my soon-to-be sister-in-law, Surina and I also helped plan this one. I know. Throwing two showers in one weekend while I'm 9-months pregnant. Brilliant idea. But hey, I wanted to be sure to get it all in in case PIP decided to come early and they both went well so we're good.

Afterwards, I headed home and pretty much hopped right back into the car with Dean and Ayla...circus time! I've never been so I was looking forward to it. There were some really entertaining acts, and some not so entertaining. Either way, it was a fun way to spend a Sunday evening as a family. Ayla did really well and happily clapped away throughout the whole show. Towards the very end, she started to get a little bored and had more fun playing with my phone than watching the show. We left and went home for a quick dinner before putting Ayla to bed for the night. I could not wait to get into bed myself. Exhausted.

I did a horrible job taking pictures this weekend. I'll have to get a copy of a picture or two of Jamie and I with our baby bumps. :) I did snap a couple with my phone of Ayla and Peyton (Dean's boss's little girl) at the circus:
This one cracks me up because they're both making the same face...not sure what that was all about!
And a side-note: I am considered full-term today...37 weeks! We're almost there! And I swear I will be posting nursery pics soon...I just need to ask Dean to hang the valance. :)

1 comment:

surina said...

thanks so much for all your help with my shower :) I had such a good time, everything was perfect. Cant believe the "big day" is almost here....not only am I going to have great husband, i can officially call you my sister-in-law :)
Surina