Tuesday, February 8, 2011

34 weeks

34 weeks! After my next appointment at 36 weeks, I will have to go once a week until the baby comes. Holy! My appointment today went just fine...my only concern was while we were in Cancun and during my first day back at work afterwards, my belly was really tight and uncomfortable. It seems to happen when I walk too much or if I move too quickly. Dr. Bishop said to make sure to let her know if it becomes painful (so far it's not) and/or if the tightening happens more than 5-6 times an hour. In that case, it could be actual contractions and not just Braxton-Hicks. Other than that, things are great.

We got a video monitor for the baby today and of course, wanted to test it out on Ayla. We've always been curious about how long it takes her to fall asleep and what she does in order to do so. Turns out, nothing crazy. She just rolled around a bit and was out. :) We also wonder what she does when she wakes up in the morning and how long she hangs out until she hollers for me. Maybe that "episode" will be more entertaining. Either way, it's fun...I'm impressed with how clear the video is. I'm hoping that having it will make me less paranoid once the baby is in her room...maybe if I can just glance down at the monitor, I won't feel like I have to go check on her a billion times.

I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I'm getting so anxious and excited to meet this baby...I can't wait to see what she looks like and I can't wait to hold her. :)

**Stay tuned for some belly pics that my friend, Erika, took this past weekend. I'm in love with the few images she has already shown me and can't wait to see more. I am so thankful for them and plan on printing a few to hang in the nursery. Thank you, Erika! For a sneak peek, check out her photography blog: http://elizabethrosephoto.blogspot.com/. She's amazing. :)

No comments: