Saturday, February 12, 2011

She loves it...so far

Ayla slept the entire night in her new bed with no issues at all. She woke up at her normal time this morning, popped up, and called for me until I went in to get her. She listened! I thought maybe she'd try and get out of bed on her own. I realize she'll discover that option sooner or later but for now, hopefully she stays put. I'm so glad she slept well. I, on the other hand, did not. I kept waking up and clicking on the video to make sure she was still asleep in her bed. I'm pretty sure I'd hear her if she got up and came out of her room, but I was just super paranoid and spent too much time worrying about it. For her nap, it took her a lot longer to fall asleep. Dean said she started calling for me (I was out running errands) but he just cracked the door open and told her it was time to go to sleep and she laid back down. And again, when she woke up, she just stayed there until I went to go get her. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this continues to go well. If and when she realizes she can get out of bed on her own, we'll have a battle on our hands.




We got her a new nightstand with shelves for her books. They were starting to get out of control on the ground. I had already planned on putting her old one in the baby's room so I needed something new and improved to swap it with. I don't want her to feel like the baby is "stealing" all of her stuff and getting all kinds of new things as well so I'm trying to make it a point to make her feel special too. I grabbed a couple new decorations for her walls and we're going to get her a bean bag chair to replace the rocker.
PIP's room is coming along nicely...the walls are painted, most of the decorations are up, and the crib is ready. Dean just has one more coat of paint and hardware to put on the dresser. Once that's done, I can start organizing all of her clothes and we'll be good to go. I'll post pictures when everything is done. :)

1 comment:

Erika said...

VICTORY!!!!!! YAHOOO!!!!:) I'm So totally excited for you guys. Go Ayla!:)