Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! We had a pretty low-key day...we had to save up our energy for trick-or-treating. :)Unfortunately, Dean had to fly out late this afternoon for a week-long training in Baltimore. We were both extremely bummed out that he would be missing Ayla's first time actually trick-or-treating. Why his company thought it would be a good idea to make 30 people leave their families not only on a Sunday, but Halloween too, I don't know. I armed myself with my camera, video camera, and my phone to take plenty of pictures and videos for Dean to see when he gets home.

I ordered some pizza and Yeh-Yeh and Nai-Nai came over not long after Dean left for the airport to keep us company. Aunt Marla also came over and Grandpa and Grandma stopped by just for a little bit on their way home from Kansas City so they could see her in her costume.

My parents were nice enough to hand out candy for me while Marla and I took Ayla trick-or-treating. We only went up and down two streets but I think it was perfect for her since she walked the whole way on her own (we were a few houses from home before she asked to be held). She was so funny--for the first couple of houses, she seemed to be in awe and would stare down into her pumpkin bucket at the candy that was just given to her. After every single house, she exclaimed, "I got candy!!" I think she was too excited about it to remember that she was supposed to say "trick or treat". With a little prompting, she did say it at a few of the houses. She was having a blast but thankfully was ready to head back home. I was afraid that I would have to drag her back, kicking and screaming. We had a handful of trick-or-treaters come after we got home, so she helped me hand out candy for a little while. She was pretty thrilled to dig in to her loot. I figured it was a special day, so I let her. Nothing like giving a 2-year old a bunch of sugar an hour before bedtime.



Walking up to someone's house and wanting to take their pumpkin.
We made it about halfway through before she insisted on opening a piece of candy...I was surprised she lasted that long. She really wanted this sucker...there was no negotiating. She sat down on their porch and wanted to eat it right there.
Back home and showing Yeh-Yeh and Nai-Nai what she got--a caramel apple that she may need to share with Mommy.
What else is in there?
CANDY!

It was a fun evening--I'm so thankful that we had family over since Dean wasn't here. We are so lucky to live near our parents and siblings...I don't know what I would do without them. I hope you all had a safe and Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Erika said...

I think her little nose is my favorite part:)