Tuesday, November 2, 2010

11.2.10

I finally went and got my hair cut this afternoon. It had been months. Gross, I know. Last year, I chopped it off into a bob and loved it but it eventually became too much work to make it look just right and with a child, there's just no time to waste. I also had been growing my bangs out. I had them for over five years and decided it was time to grow them out just for something different. I finally got to the point where I could pull all of my hair into a ponytail...but I hated it. The bangs are back and I feel better already. Plus, I needed some camouflage for my forehead. My skin up there is terrible...just like while I was pregnant with Ayla. Seriously, I'm 30. I shouldn't have zits. And every once in a while, one escapes my forehead and makes it down to my face. Not cool. Sooo not cool.

Ayla stayed with my parents (thanks Mom and Dad) so after my haircut, I met Megan for dinner at an Italian restaurant we've both been wanting to try. Everything was delicious. I ate way more than I needed to but it was well worth it. :) Megan dropped me off after dinner and I decided to go to Target. It was quite strange to be shopping by myself...especially at night. It doesn't happen very often. As much as I love being with Ayla and as much as I miss her as soon as I drive away without her, it really is nice to have some "me" time. I'm rarely alone for more than the time it takes to run a couple of quick errands so every now and then, I appreciate having some time to myself. I get to do things that I used to take for granted--taking a long shower...eating as slowly as I want with no interruptions while chatting with one of my best friends...strolling through a store and looking at every little thing...sitting down and putting my feet up by 8:30 p.m. Yes, I do consider these things "luxuries" these days, but I still wouldn't trade being a mom for anything in the world....no matter what, it's still what I love the most.

While I was at Target tonight, I bought a new diaper bag that I've been eyeing for the past couple of months. I didn't need a diaper bag but it was on sale so I couldn't pass it up. Plus, the brand is called "Petunia Pickle Bottom". How cute is that? Go ahead--try and say it without a smile on your face.

I also found and ordered crib bedding already. :) I always pictured myself wanting a light, pastel-y colored pink nursery but with Ayla's room, I went the other direction and opted for hot pink and orange instead. And...I. Love. It. It's bright and happy. It fits her personality so well. With the new nursery, I decided to do the same. We'll have pink, of course, and turquoise and lime green as accents. Besides the few items we need for her room, we really don't need to buy much this time around. (Let's just ignore the fact that I bought that diaper bag.)

I'm feeling AWESOME lately. I'm past that dreaded tired phase and I'm finally showing enough to wear fitted shirts so I can display the belly. It makes getting dressed a heck of a lot easier. For a while there, I wanted to torch everything in my closet.

PIP's kicks have become much stronger this week. Tonight, I saw my belly move for the first time. I love this part and have been anxiously awaiting it. She seems to be the most active around 9:00ish in the evening. "She." It's so fun to be able to say that. :)

'Til next time...

2 comments:

Leah said...

Glad to hear everything is going well! I'm happy that you were able to have a night out too! Hope you and Megan had fun! Can't wait to see your new hair cut!

Sheila Mac said...

congrats on the baby girl! lol I second the whole thing about "me" time. I rely heavily on Family to help at least once a month for ME time. I'm taking Brock to Kohl's this weekend and seriously I am not looking forward to it! But I've got to get him some mroe 2T clothes and I guess I should start buying for DD before she gets here!
Good Luck on the rest of your pregnancy.