Sunday, November 7, 2010

Did we have a weekend?

Seriously. I'm sitting here on a Sunday night...already. Where did this weekend go? I'm not so thrilled about it being Monday again. I realize I don't work very many hours at all and I'm very lucky to be in the situation that I am in...but lately I've become very burnt out and don't feel like going to work. Ever. I dread being there and can't wait to leave once I get there. Not good. Is it bad that I'm already looking forward to maternity leave at 5 months pregnant? Sigh. I seem to go through phases like this. I'm sure just like every other time, it'll pass and I'll be just fine.

Anyways. This weekend...

Friday night, I anxiously waited for Dean to get home from his week-long business trip to Baltimore. I was out of DVR'd shows and was bored to tears. I resorted to becoming addicted to a Boggle-like game on my phone. I can't get enough of it. Thankfully, the week actually went very quickly, but it was so nice to have him home.

On Saturday morning, we went in to get Ayla once she was awake...when she saw Dean open the door, she was so happy! She said, "Hi!" in that surprised-where-have-you-been tone. It was so sweet. Daddy got several great hugs from her. Lucky. :) We went to breakfast and then dropped Ayla off at Grandma and Grandpa's for a couple of hours--as a surprise, Dean scheduled us a couple's massage. I think we both needed it. It was wonderful. He made sure they had a massage table for a preggo. There was a dipped area for my belly (and even another spot for my chest...but we all know that wasn't necessary). It was a great start to the morning...thank you to my sweet hubby. :)

Today was go-go-go. First thing in the morning, we met my friend, Erika, for some family photos. Ayla wasn't what you would call cooperative (sorry, Erika). It wasn't until the last ten minutes when we bribed her with a sucker (yep, we did that) that she decided to look at the camera and smile a few times. Regardless of whether or not she was looking or smiling, I am thrilled that we will have photos with all three of us in them. I can't believe it's taken us over two years to have family photos taken. Erika, thank you soo much again for being the one to do it for us...you have no idea how much I appreciate it! The rest of the day was filled with a trip to the store, laundry, yardwork, me taking engagement photos for a friend, Dean helping Marla move to her new place, and dinner with the family. It feels pretty fabulous to be sitting on the couch right now with my feet up and Desperate Housewives playing on t.v. :)

I managed to take just a few pictures today in between all the craziness...it was beautiful today. 65 degrees in November? Yes, please.
Ayla hard at work at her sandbox.
So serious. :)
I love fall boot weather.
And we can't forget about our sweet dog...

1 comment:

Erika said...

Anne, she did great! You guys looked fabulous and as soon as I can get home (darn jobs) I'm going to go through them all, I can't wait!!

(there's one up that I peeked at this morning)

e