Sunday, November 28, 2010

O' Christmas Tree

We decided not to be our usual selves, the Procrastinators, this year. Our Christmas decorations are up! Last year, I don't think our tree was up until the week before Christmas...and it stayed up until Valentine's Day. No joke. We decided to put it upstairs in the living room rather than in the basement so we could enjoy it more. And perhaps we'll be quicker to take it down after Christmas this way. :)

Ayla was excited to help and was ooh-ing and ahh-ing over all the little things I kept pulling out of the bin. I love Christmas season--the music, the lights, the decorations, the spirit. This year, Ayla is more in to it and understands it so it makes it more fun for us as well. She seems to be in awe of everything her eyes take in...it makes me stop to look at things differently. Her amazement is contagious. Love it.

Giving herself a round of applause after each ornament she hung up. :)




Since her first Christmas, I've gotten her an ornament each year. I write her name and the year on the bottom or back so we can keep track of them. I'd like to do this with each of our kids and some day they can have them for their own Christmas trees.
This is the one I picked out for 2010:

2009
2008
This one was from my mom:

2 comments:

RAW said...

Your tree looks beautiful. How fun that Ayla was so excited about decorating it.

Are all of the radio stations playing Christmas music 24-7? I remember working in the restaurant and constantly hearing the same songs (not that I minded--I love the season, too!)

Hope to see you in a few weeks. We'll definitely be stopping in Ming's :)

Anne said...

Yep! The Christmas music is in full swing at the restaurant! I think poor Josh may go crazy since he works so much!

Looking forward to seeing you!