Thursday, July 30, 2009

On the road!

I'm writing from my cell phone and already had to start over once so I'm thinking this isn't going to be a regular occurrence over the next several days while we're gone.

We're on our way up to our cabin as we speak...er...as I blog. We left at about 6:15pm and plan on stopping in Albert Lea, Minnesota for the night and then we'll have less than halfway to go in the morning.

Miss Ayla is finally asleep after some screaming (her, not me), an episode of Barney (yep, the annoying purple dinosaur that I swore I would never let her watch..I'm drawing the line at The Wiggles), a bottle, and then one run of her lullaby cd. Whew. Now I can relax. For now, anyways...we'll see if she stays asleep. She can't be that comfortable all slumped over the way she is.

I'll most likely have a ridiculously long post with a hundred pictures to upload after we get home...so until then, hope you all have a great week! :)

3 comments:

Bri said...

I was a nanny for a little boy and would take the Wiggles over Barney hands down any day of the week. Preferred the Wonderpets though.

Kerry said...

Hi--I'm one of Laura's friends(my blog is onebabypetersen!) I just wanted to say I have a 1yr old boy and we use Dr. Davey too. I'm bummed that he is telling people to forward face their kids in the car, AAP is now saying kids are 5x safer in an accident if rear facing until at least 2 (all the details are on their website). Maybe you already knew that but I couldn't not say anything because she is still so tiny and so beautiful!! Sorry--I'm just being a weirdo momma wanting to make sure you knew that!!! Your family looks so beautiful and happy! Have a good time on your trip!!

Anne said...

Hi Kerry! Thanks so much...I've actually been thinking about how she'd be safer in a rear-facing seat...I'm not sure if the one we have has that option or not. I should look into it. I really appreciate the info!!