Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

I had my camera with me the entire day yesterday and this is the only picture I have to show for it. After Ayla woke up from her first nap, we went over to my brother's house for a few hours. The plan was to swim, but for probably the first time ever, it wasn't hot...on the 4th of July...in Nebraska. Extremely weird. It was actually even a bit chilly. So we didn't swim but we had a good time hanging out with family and friends.
After we left there, we stopped at Meghan and Chris' house so we could check out their newly finished basement and so Dean could drool over the biggest tv screen I've ever seen. It's impressive. I think it's something like nine feet by ten feet...and I'm not even exaggerating. Ayla and Heidi had fun playing and we even got Ayla to move just a little bit on her hands and knees. :)
In the evening, Barb, Lee, and Tom came over to watch our neighbor's fireworks display with us. We sat on our driveway, grilled, and took in the show. We've done this for the past few years...he probably puts on one of the better non-professional shows. We were a bit worried about whether or not Ayla would fall asleep and stay asleep with all the fireworks going. With the way the wind was blowing, they were pretty much going off right above our house. To our surprise and amazement, though, she fell asleep quickly and we didn't hear a single peep out of her. We still don't understand how.

Below are a few random pictures from last month that I never posted...pictures of her playing and being a little goofball.

2 comments:

RAW said...

I swear, one week in Omaha isn't long enough. I'm bummed I still didn't get the chance to meet Ayla. At this rate she'll be driving when I finally see her!

It was nice seeing you briefly at the restaurant. Hope you had a nice 4th--sounds like you did :) Take care!

Meghan Gonzales said...

I think you can say Ayla crawled officially - we had forward movement!!! That is crawling to me! Time to baby proof!!!