Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hodge podge

My posts continue to be very disorganized. I upload pictures whenever I have some free time and post them eventhough they're all completely random and have been taken over the course of a week or so.

Here are the latest:


Where's Ayla?

Dreaded tummy-time...

We love Aunt Marla!

Our good friends, Chris, Meghan, and Heidi were back in town...so so so great to see them! Ayla and Heidi got to play together a couple of times.

"I'm a big sister. I can feed her." :)


After a few pretty horrendous days with my cute but "terrible two'er" things have improved. A friend of ours said the hardest thing about having a new baby is her toddler. She wasn't kidding. My patience has been stretched to the max and I have never in my life been as frustrated as I have been with Miss Ayla. It's hard to believe this tiny little person can make me feel this way. I'm slowly learning how to deal with it...I'm not saying I don't still get upset because Lord knows I do; I'm just figuring out what works with her and what doesn't. Freaking out does not work. I learned that the hard way. Ask Dean. I threw my very own adult-sized tantrum several days ago. No good. As difficult as it can be, if she's whining or throwing her tantrums, ignoring her works best. I need to get some earplugs though. Ayla, when you read this someday, know that we love you so much no matter what, but my goodness, you're a pro at pushing our buttons.


Other than that, everything is going well. Aubree still has us up once or twice a night but it's usually around the same times. During the day, she still eats every couple of hours. I'm hoping she starts to eat more with each feeding. I feel like I'm feeding her all day long since she doesn't take in very much each time.


And I'd like to thank our parents for helping us out this weekend. My parents had Ayla all day Friday and took her and her cousins to the zoo. I know she had a blast and it was great for her to get out of the house. On Saturday evening, Dean's parents took both girls so Dean and I could attend a wedding reception. It was sooo nice to get out of the house! So THANK YOU--I don't know what we would do without you!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh. My toddler has been terrible too pushing my buttons!!! It is driving me crazy and it is absolutely the hardest part. My little one is also nursing all day long back to back. It's hard work. It;s good to know these things are common and it's not just me!