Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Aubree's 2-month check-up

We went in for Aubree's two month check up and shots today. She weighed in at 10 lbs. 3 oz. (32nd percentile), 23 inches long (69th percentile) and her head is at the 47th percentile. I was curious and looked back at Ayla's two month stats and she was exactly one whole pound heavier but a quarter of an inch shorter. Aubree is our little peanut. Dr. Davey said she looks great all around--physically and developmentally. She was so happy while he was checking her...even gave him several smiles. He said she has a great disposition. :) I was surprised at how calm she was laying there in just a diaper. She normally hates being naked.


He said her total amount of ounces consumed in a day is a bit low. At this age, she should be around 28 ounces. She usually only gets about 20 or 21 ounces. I told him about how it can take her a good 40 minutes to an hour to eat a measly three ounces or less because she falls asleep before she's done. I asked if it was time to change the level of nipple on her bottles. He said it was definitely taking her too long to eat and to go ahead and switch her and she should start eating more. Hopefully that helps.


She had to get three shots. :( I thought that maybe I had toughened up a bit having gone through all of Ayla's shots, but no. No, I am not any tougher. As soon as she started screaming, I started crying. I just feel so bad for them when they're that teeny tiny. They have no idea what's coming. And what made it even worse was that she was completely asleep when the first shot went in. What a horrible way to get woken up. Sigh. My poor baby.


Right now she is fast asleep in her swing with a full belly. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't develop a fever from the shots. **Update--she did end up developing a fever and was very, very sleepy. After she ate at 3:00pm, she pretty much slept until almost 10:00pm. only waking to cry. :( She sounded soo sad and wouldn't eat a thing. She seemed miserable. We gave her some Tylenol and thankfully her fever went down and after skipping a whole feeding, she finally ate and had 4 ounces and went back to bed. It'll be interesting to see how she sleeps/eats overnight. I hope her fever stays away.




No comments: