Thursday, May 19, 2011

Another week down

I can't believe how quickly each week passes by lately. When Friday rolls around, I swear it was just Sunday night. Just the past few days, I've gotten used to taking both girls out by myself. Took me long enough. It's a bit of a circus getting in and out of the car, but I have a system. :) And it's not like we go far--it's still either SuperTarget or Hy-Vee. The people who work at these two stores know us...not sure if that's good or bad.

We have been making a slow transition to formula with Aubree. She still gets a little breastmilk everyday and some formula, too. She drinks it just fine, but she only seems to be pooping every two to two and a half days. Yikes. I'm a little concerned about it. As she nears the two-day mark, she seems to get pretty uncomfortable. Her two-month check-up is next Tuesday so I'll be asking Dr. Davey about it. She has started going just a teeny bit longer overnight between bottles. I won't go into detail...whenever I do, I jinx us and she ends up waking even more. She has recently discovered her hands. She puts her little fists up in the air and twists them around as she stares at them suspiciously with sideways glances until she goes cross-eyed. :) Every now and then she bops herself in the face or rubs her eyes so hard that she pokes herself...that really makes her mad. When she's awake and happy, she is so chill...but when she gets upset, she does not mess around. She turns bright red and screams until it turns into that horrible silent cry where you feel like she's not breathing. Not cool.

Ayla is still keeping us on our toes. She's always very busy and would absolutely love it if we could give her 100% of our attention. Although she gets frustrated when we can't because we're dealing with Aubree, she still loves her baby sister. She is very sweet and gentle with her...always giving her kisses. :) We've been so focused on the little milestones that Aubree is hitting that we've kind of lost track of the new things Ayla has been doing. It seems like in a blink of an eye, she has grown so much both physically and developmentally. She speaks so well and always surprises us with her words and thoughts. Some are quite hilarious--she told me that "Daddy is big like a garbage truck." She is totally a little girl now...there's no baby left in her. How did that happen so fast?



I got Ayla some fingerpaint...we haven't tried it since last summer. She is a bit of a freak about getting her fingers dirty. I figured since it had been a year since we last tried it, she might like it. It lasted about three minutes before she held up her little finger caked with paint and asked for a paintbrush. Maybe next year...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Precious girls Anne! Avery would only poop twice and sometimes only once a week and she was on breastmilk only. Around the age of 6 weeks this is normal for breastfed babies. It worried me because she went from going in every diaper to only going a couple times a week. She never seemed uncomfortable though. Are her stools still soft or are they becoming dry and hard? I hope all goes well!