Monday, March 14, 2011

Yep. Still pregnant.

I've been getting a lot of e-mails, texts, and phone calls asking if I'm still pregnant. Yes. Yes, I am. I'm afraid to call anyone first because everyone thinks it's the call.

I go to my 39-week appointment tomorrow afternoon and I'm crossing my fingers that Dr. Bishop will tell me good things...like, "Go to the hospital right now. You're ready." I've still been feeling quite a bit of pressure and achiness.

I'm so curious to see if my water breaks first again or if I'll start with contractions this time. Everytime I feel anything weird or different I think something is going on. I have eight days left til my due date...come on, PIP!

For the past few days, my parents have been calling me to see if I'd like them to take Ayla so I can take a break. I thought 'oh how nice' but kept telling them that I was fine (because, really, I am!) Finally, this afternoon, my mom called and basically told me that they were coming to get her. Turns out, they're not too concerned about me...they're just having major Ayla-withdrawals. Since I'm no longer working, they don't get to see her everyday. Ayla was ecstatic to see her Yeh-Yeh and Nai-Nai and couldn't wait to leave with them. As they were getting ready to leave, she told me I had to stay home. :) They are at a fancy dinner with friends at a Japanese habachi place (can't wait to hear what she has to say about it) and I'm left sitting here completely bored out of my mind.

Bonus though--Dean is on his way home and we're going out to dinner, just the two of us. A whole dinner without potty runs, pulling tricks out of my purse to keep a 2-year old entertained, or scarfing my food as fast as I can. Wouldn't trade that for anything, but it's nice to enjoy an actual dinner with my husband since we don't get to do it often enough.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Anne...I know how you feel! I went to my 39 week appointment and I still had NOTHING. Two days later my water broke and we had a baby! You just never know. I was a failed V-Bac as you know and still ended up with a C-section, but in the end when you are holding your beautiful baby girl that is all that matters. Wishing you lots of luck and sending a hug your way!

Anne said...

Thanks so much, Missy! My appointment is in about a half an hour...keeping my fingers crossed!