Monday, March 7, 2011

38 weeks

I had to get creative with my belly pic this week. Dean is not feeling well and is in bed so I didn't want to bother him. My last set-up for a self-portrait didn't quite work out this time since I have a different lens on my camera at the moment and I was too lazy to walk back upstairs to change it. SO, after over a dozen pictures similar to this one, this is as good as it's going to get.

38 weeks. And I. Feel. Huge.

Starting Saturday night, I started to feel like total poo. Tons of pressure and slight cramping and if I wasn't sitting or laying down, my stomach was as hard as a rock. Not sure what was going on, but today I feel normal again. I went to my appointment a few hours ago and thought for sure after feeling the way I did, we'd have some progress. But no. Still the same as last time. Everything is still looking good though, so that's good news. And remember how I said I didn't gain weight last time but would catch up this time? Ha. I caught up and then some. Over four pounds in a week and a half. Damn Girl Scout cookies. I went to SuperTarget after my appointment to pick up some orange juice for Dean. While I was standing in line to pay, I glanced at what the girl behind me was putting on the conveyor belt--four bags of salad and two containers of blueberries. I then glanced at my pile--besides the o.j., I had two different containers of ice cream and a bag of Easter candy. Hehe. And this is why I can manage to gain as much weight as I did.

Even though there's no progress, I'm still sticking with my pick--March 11th, which is this Friday. With Ayla, I was barely a centimeter dilated at one appointment and before I made it to my appointment the following week, she was born...so you just never know. We shall see...

5 comments:

Erika said...

Still beautiful and still not wearing maternity pants so I don't wanna hear it:) Love ya, hang in there! ...a few more days:) 3.11.11 has a nice ring to it!

Anne said...

Thank you, Erika :) Not maternity pants, but I promise they are not my regular size...I had to upgrade MONTHS ago. Gotta love jeggings. :)

Leah said...

Still Gorgeous, Anne! :) Gotta love March babies too ;) We can all use more pisces in the world ;) Glad things aren't going great! Can't wait to hear of any progress!

Meghan Gonzales said...

Your belly is awesome! Mine by that time looked like I got attacked by a posse of cats. I'm holding true - it will be Friday too! :) You know "snuggling" with Dean always helps too ;)

The Wannabe Redhead said...

I'm SO excited to meet this baby! You look great!!