Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Aubree's First Doctor's Visit

We took Aubree in for her first check-up today. Dr. Davey said she looks great--healthy in all aspects. She weighed in at 7 lbs. 1 oz. (21st percentile), 20 inches (she shrunk...50th percentile), and her head is at the 37th percentile. I looked back through old blog posts to see how she compared to Ayla but realized that since we were in the hospital for so long that we didn't need to bring Ayla in for a 1-week check-up so we don't have those stats. Dr. Davey said in the perfect world, Aubree would have gained a few more ounces back. She was 7 lbs. 7 oz. when she was born and dropped down to 6 lbs. 14 oz. when we left the hospital. He wants us to go back next Wednesday for a weight check to make sure things are on track. He seems pretty positive that she'll get back to her birth weight by then. I had to ask Dr. Davey if we need to wake up Aubree overnight to nurse. She is a sleeper! She'll eat around 10:00 p.m., give or take a half an hour and SLEEP. I've had to wake her up after a few hours to eat because the paranoid mommy in me starts to worry. And once I feed her, she goes back to sleep til morning. We're getting over four hours of sleep at a time before and after I wake her and she's only a week old! Dr. Davey said once she's back to her birth weight, we don't have to keep waking her if she wants to sleep. He said we hit the baby lottery. :) Of course, things could change quickly, but right now I appreciate the fact that I'm not a total zombie because I'm so sleep deprived. Ayla was NOT a good sleeper. She was up pretty much every hour as a newborn and it took her six months to sleep through the night. This is a welcomed change IF it keeps up. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

No comments: