Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dining al fresco

It was so nice yesterday that we decided to eat dinner out on the deck. We pushed Ayla's highchair out there...she thought it was pretty cool, but once the novelty of it wore off, she wanted out...just like when we eat inside. The amount of time she will tolerate in her highchair is quickly diminishing. I took her out and let her roam around the deck so Dean and I could actually eat our meal in peace. Just for the heck of it, I lowered her highchair so she could reach everything on the tray. She ended up eating more for dinner than she has in a long time. She would walk around and come back to her tray and grab a couple bites. I know Parenting 101 would probably flunk me because I know she should eat in her chair...but seriously, at this point, if I can get her to eat, I will do nothing short of hanging upside down in a tree in order for her to do so.

1 comment:

The Splonskowski's said...

We had to do "drive by dining" when Ayla was a wee one too! She has a small table with two chairs and we ended up giving her most of her meals there. She would sit for awhile but then did exactly what you explained. I didn't feel bad at all considering the little squirt only weighed 15lbs at 12 months