Monday, April 5, 2010

18 months

Ayla turned 18 months on Saturday, but since we were busy with the wedding all day, I didn't get a chance to take pictures of her. I think I will wait until tomorrow--the weather is supposed to be better than today.

We went to her 18-month appointment this morning. Dean was able to join us this time. I was so nervous about her getting upset as soon as we arrived, but she was actually quite happy while we were in the waiting room. She didn't start freaking out until we went back to the exam room. And guess what? She didn't throw up. (High-fives all around!) She cried, but not hard enough to puke. Progress! She measured in at 23 1/2 pounds (34th percentile...little skinny-mini) and is 32 1/4 inches tall (66th percentile). Her head is at the 96th percentile. She was all over the board this time. Dr. Davey said she's looking great though, so that's all that matters. She had to get one shot and did okay with it. She's always so worked up by the time shots come around that she doesn't even realize it's happening. She did so much better than I thought she would. She even gave Dr. Davey a high-five before leaving the office. :) We don't have to go back until she's two (unless she gets sick, of course) so maybe by then, she'll actually like the doctor.

At 18-months, she is one feisty little girl. She's starting to throw more tantrums--whining, screaming, arching her back. Awesome. I know it's all a part of it, but it's not fun when she does this. At the same time, she has become more and more funny. She loves to make us laugh and hearing her contagious little giggle is the best. She is still talking a lot...never shuts up, really. :) She says hi to everyone she lays her eyes on when we're out. It's cute. Since we went through the Ferber sleep program, she has been going to bed on her own (even tells us when she's ready for bed) and has been sleeping through the night. Hooray! She still eats like a bird, but I'm continuing to keep myself in check and not freak out about it. It makes my life a lot easier this way and Dean is no longer afraid of me at mealtime. :) She is the coolest little person I know and I can't seem to get enough of her lately. So much fun. I'm lovin' it.

Stay tuned for pictures...

No comments: