Sunday, March 23, 2014

Aubree: 3-years old

I feel like Aubree JUST turned two.  How is it her 3rd birthday already?!

She continues to be as spunky as ever.  And even funnier...if that's even possible.  The things that come out of her mouth often leave me speechless and then I start cracking up and can't stop.  Her little brain is amazing.  She is very matter-of-fact...no nonsense type of girl.  She is extremely curious right now.  She asks question after question about everything and is not satisfied until she gets the answer she is looking for.  This proves to be pretty challenging for us sometimes.  We don't just want to say we don't know the answer, but sometimes we really just don't know the answer!  She is absorbing everything around her and learning so much so quickly.

My mom has been teaching her several Chinese nursery rhymes...so cute.  She also counts in Chinese.  She seems to be pretty interested in learning the language, which is awesome.

She may not be as girly as Ayla, but some of it has rubbed off on her. :)  She loves Barbies, baby dolls, and all things related to the movie Frozen right now.  She knows every word to every song in that movie.  I can't get the songs out of my head, but I can't resist playing the movie or soundtrack for them.  It's so cute to listen to both of them belt out the songs.

She and Ayla are really starting to actually play together now.  On good days, they'll play happily for hours. On bad days, I swear they're trying to kill each other.  We have about 50 Barbies and somehow they'll both want the same one.  They do egg each other on, but for the most part, they love each other.  Aubree usually gives in first...I think that she doesn't want to deal with any b.s. ;)

She is so sweet, cuddly, and lovey (when she wants to be)...there's nothing better than getting an unsolicited kiss or "I love you" from her.  I was in the middle of scolding her for something when she just leaned in, gave me a kiss, and ran off.  How can I be upset with that??  I know she's three, but I feel like she's still my little baby.  Dean says I let her get away with more than I did with Ayla.

For the longest time, she sounded like she had a British accent--the words Barbie, car, good morning, to name a few sounded like she was straight out of England.  I have no idea where it came from.  Just recently though, it has started to fade.  I'm kind of bummed.  It was so cute.

She still takes a nap most days.  Every now and then, she skips it and by dinner time, she is close to losing her mind.  She doesn't necessarily get cranky, but she looks like she's hungover and actually acts even crazier.  Aubree on crack pretty much.  She goes to bed with no issues at 8:00 p.m. and sleeps until 7:30 a.m. or 8:00 a.m...sometimes even later.  Plus a 1 1/2 to 2 hour nap.  This little lady likes her sleep. :)

She is a pretty good eater for the most part.  Just like any little kid, she has her days.  But most of the time, she eats a ton for each meal and snacks non-stop in between.  I swear some days, there isn't a moment when she isn't eating something.  I'm not sure where it all goes because she's still teeny-tiny.

She can be a pretty impressive tantrum-thrower and about really ridiculous things (something we didn't really have to deal with too much with Ayla).  She has definitely spent more time in time-out than her big sister, but once she calms down, she wipes her tears and she's 100% over it.  She snaps back pretty quick.

She likes to push her limits.  If we tell her no, she does it just one more time to really make sure that we mean it.  Such a little stinker.

I know we say this all the time, but she is seriously so funny and I just can't get enough of her.  She is the most entertaining little kid I've ever met.  I can't believe how fast she is growing up.  I'm constantly picking her up and smooching her because before I know it, I won't be able to scoop her up in my arms anymore.  I love love love her so much.  She is an amazing little girl with such spirit.

Happy 3rd Birthday, sweet Aubree lady!

No comments: