Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cancun 2011

Dean and I just got home from Cancun last night...it was exactly what I hoped it would be. Relaxing. Very different to be on this particular trip without consuming a drop of alcohol especially when it's all paid for but I had my fair share of virgin mudslides and daiquiris. :) I pretty much spent the week laying around eating and drinking more bottled water than I've ever had. I don't think I've ever been as hydrated as I was. I was such a bum that I didn't even bother to use my camera much. In fact, we only have 18 pictures from this trip. Yep, 18. Extremely out of the ordinary for me. I really needed those few days to unwind and enjoy being lazy and it was fun to be able to get dressed up and go out for some amazing dinners that lasted more than a couple of hours...a rarity these days. Before we know it, we'll be up to our ears in diapers and running on no sleep. At over 32 weeks pregnant, I think this is a very good cut-off point for traveling. It wasn't horrible, but I was uncomfortable enough on the plane to not want to do it again. My belly felt very tight for the first day and a half there...not sure if it was a result of the traveling or not. I told Dean that I'd really been feeling pretty decent up until this week. Bad timing. I just felt very very pregnant all of a sudden and couldn't seem to get comfortable no matter what I did. It could be a long two months til my due date.
Is this not the cutest little bottle of Tobasco you've ever seen?

Dean was offered 20 bucks to chug this bottle of sake. He did it. Sigh. Before dinner with Dean's boss, the regional vice-president and co-workers from Des Moines and Cedar Rapids.At our last dinner on Friday night. Amazing Italian restaurant...they sat us in the wine cellar. Very cool.Waiting to get on the bus to head to the airport.Thank you to our parents for watching Ayla...we are so lucky to not have to worry about her while we're away. She loves being with them...very comfortable and very happy. So much so that she was often too busy to talk to us when we called. :) As always, it was nice to get away for a few days, but I was definitely ready to come home and squeeze my little girl.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Glad you guys had a relaxing trip! I bet you needed it :) love the shot of Dean and the Sake! ;)

Erika said...

Lets get that belly photographed!!! I'm ready when you are:)'