Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ponytails and Potty-Training

Ayla's hair is finally long enough to pull into a ponytail...I was waiting on two more strands by her face to grow just long enough. It looks so cute...I love seeing that adorable little neck. I just need to work on my hairstyling technique. I pretty much grab whatever hair I can, throw a rubber band around it, clip on a bow and call it good. I'm in awe when I see little girls with perfectly parted hair without a single strand out of place. I'm not that good.


Excuse the unbuttoned onesie hanging out of her pants...those snaps are too time-consuming while potty-training.
Last week while Dean and I were both off of work, I decided to really dive into potty-training. Up until then, she was just going on the potty before her bath. I know she's smart enough to get it, so we've been working on it. It's been a little over a week and she's getting the hang of it. Still an accident here and there, but that's to be expected. Going poo is touch and go...she always announces that she needs to go but once we run to the potty, she sometimes doesn't want to do it. I'm trying not to push it too much. I don't want her to be afraid of it. M&Ms have lost their luster, so I've been switching to other treats--jelly beans, Smarties, Pez--one for pee, two for poo. I know a lot of people are anti-treat when it comes to potty training, but it works and we're okay with it. :) We're hoping to not have two kids in diapers so we have about two months to get her completely trained.

No comments: