Thursday, January 6, 2011

.


As most of you have probably heard, there was a school shooting in Omaha yesterday afternoon. The assistant principal who passed away, Vicki Kaspar, was my homeroom teacher through all four years of high school and was also my English teacher one of those years. She was a wonderful person and a great teacher who was so genuine and kind. I am so incredibly sad. Sad that this had to happen. Sad that this world had to lose another innocent person. Sad for her family. I can't imagine what they are going through right now. It was the first day back at school after winter break and she went to work...an assistant principal at a high school. It's not supposed to be a dangerous job but she ended up losing her life because of a senseless, selfish, cowardly act.

I can't wrap my mind around it.

It's always terrible to hear news like this no matter where it is in the country or the rest of the world, but this time it has really hit me. It happened in the area I grew up in. My high school. My teacher.
My thoughts and prayers continue to go out to everyone who has been affected by this--especially Dr. Kaspar's loved ones and Dr. Curtis Case who is still in the hospital recovering from his injuries.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I'm so sorry Anne.

Leah said...

Oh, Anne, I'm sorry to hear. I didn't realize that she was your homeroom teacher and english teacher.
What a sad sad day... definitely a cowardly and selfish act. It definitely hit home for me too. I was worried about everyone. My heart goes out to all affected and their families .. I can't imagine what they are going through.