Friday, December 31, 2010

Mommy's belly

I've been going a little blog crazy lately...this is my last post for 2010. I wanted to be sure to get in all the pictures I wanted because I will be sending the last six months worth of posts to Blog2Print to be made into a book.

Last night after dinner, we were still sitting at the table when PIP starting moving all over the place. Dean put his hand on my belly and Ayla said she wanted to do it too, so Dean plopped her on my lap. She was being so sweet. She was hugging and kissing my belly and saying she loves her baby sister. Can't get any better than that.

She lifted her shirt up too and insisted on pressing her little belly against mine. :)

It has been an incredible year that has gone by so quickly. I can't say this enough--we are so lucky. I know 2011 will be even better as we welcome our new daughter into the world in March. Dean and I have zero plans for New Year's Eve...last year, we played Wii and could barely keep our eyes open to see the ball drop in NYC. I am guessing tonight won't be much different. Only a few short years before, by midnight, I'd be drenched in cheap champagne without a care in the world. Funny how things change once kids are in the picture. I'm 100% okay with it though...and because I'm pregnant, I'm guaranteed a hangover-free New Year's Day tomorrow. :) Happy 2011 to you all...have fun and be safe tonight, whatever your plans may be.

2 comments:

RAW said...

Those are really sweet pictures. How wonderful that Ayla already loves her baby sister so much :)

Robert and I returned to Boston yesterday. Your mom said you weren't working this last week--I'm sorry I missed you when we stopped in!

Happy New Year!!!! Hope it's even better than 2010.

Leah said...

Those pictures of Ayla hugging your belly are adorable! How sweet is she!

Glad that you all had time off together over the holidays!

Fun to see you guys too!