Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Goofy girl

Earlier this week, Ayla did some pantless "shopping" with her back-pack on. She sometimes fights to keep her pants off after I change her. And lately, socks are a no-go. She takes them off and flings them, hides them, does whatever she can to keep them off her feet. I find little wadded up socks everywhere.


And may I vent for a moment? At work, customers are asking me all day long if I know the gender of our baby and I always answer with a smile, "Yes! It's a girl!" Most know that this will be daughter #2 and more often than not, my answer is returned with a look of pity or a reassuring, "Ohh, well that's okay." Did I give any indication that it wouldn't be? I've even gotten an, "Oh. That's no fun." It's really starting to irk me. What is there to pity? I am going to be blessed with another beautiful baby girl and I'm 110% happy, thrilled, excited, and ecstatic about it.

3 comments:

Char said...

There's a lot to be said for a house full of girls! Happy Holidays and tons of love to you all. Wish we could be there to share the fun!

Jamie T said...

I get the same reaction when I say we are having another boy...'oh, I was hoping it was a girl this time!' or something along those lines! SHUT UP already because it's not a girl, it's a boy and my boys are THRILLED about it (and I'm coming to term with it!) :o} Now, if we could just figure out a name for the little stinker, we would be good!

Erika said...

Anne, we (mostly Brian) get that All. The. Time. I started being totally rude when people make comments about it, because they deserve it!!!