Sunday, April 26, 2009

Chicago

I had a really nice, schedule-free weekend with Lisa. I mention that it was schedule-free because it was fun to just wing it and not have set plans...that's how we like to do things...if we try to plan too many things, we end up not wanting to do them. Weird, I know.

We stayed at the Whitehall Hotel, which was only a block away from Michigan Ave., so tons of great shops and restaurants were within walking distance. We took advantage of the great weather on Friday night and just strolled along the street...if we saw something we liked, we stopped in. It was great!

Saturday and today, the weather wasn't so amazing, but we still managed to squeeze in some shopping and sangria in the Lincoln Park area. I'd have to say we both did rather well with limiting what we purchased. We each only brought one very small suitcase so even if we wanted to buy buy buy, we couldn't have squeezed much more in them. I found some fun jewelry and I couldn't resist getting this super cute monkey for Ayla from an adorable baby store called Giggle.Before we had to head to the airport today, I met Bryson (Dean's cousin) for lunch...definitely always great to see him. I'm so glad we were able to work something out! He was in the middle of a long and painful process called moving. No fun if you ask me...especially when it was raining off and on.

Overall, it was a great weekend and I'm happy I was able to do it...thanks Mom and Dad for watching Ayla! It was my birthday present from them. :) It was good to get away for a couple days and spend time with one of my best friends.

And although I had a wonderful time, when I finally got home and had an adorably sleepy Ayla in my arms while she was having her last bottle of the night, I knew I was right where I was supposed to be.

1 comment:

Mommy of Twins said...

glad you had so much fun...I am so used to a schedule now I wouldn't know what to do without one!!

Yes, let's get together soon. I think it is our turn to come to your house!!