Thursday, June 16, 2011

Picnic

Dean called me from work yesterday afternoon and suggested having a picnic for dinner just to mix it up a little bit and to get out of the house. What a fabulous idea! When he got home, we packed up a basket and headed to Standing Bear Lake just a few minutes away from our house. We weren't there for very long, but it was a great evening--the weather was perfect and it was so fun to do something out of the ordinary as a family.



At one point, Dean had to shake his head at Ayla and me. Why? Because we're bug-o-phobes. Ayla refused to sit down and I wasn't too happy about it either after my failed attempt at smashing an ant the size of my fist...ok, not really that big but big enough to send me into a slight panic mode. It may or may not be my fault that Ayla doesn't like bugs. I try so hard not to react when I see bugs, but seriously, it's involuntary. I can't help it. I never claimed to be outdoors-y.


We found a cool tree stump for Ayla to strike a pose...


At about the time of this picture, she started doing the potty dance. I told her we were just going to squat in the grass but she refused and spotted a port-o-potty up the hill. I reluctantly brought her up there. Yuck. I opened the door, she took one look and turned back around and said she'd go in the grass. :) I'm surprised she went...such a girly-girl.

No comments: