Sunday, June 5, 2011

Daddy-Daughter Day

Yesterday, I was gone all day playing wedding photographer for my friend Megan's younger brother so Dean was on his own with the girls. I love taking pictures and I know I got a lot of great shots, but wedding photography, as I thought, is not my calling. I think I'll stick to babies and kids.

Anyways.

Dean took pictures throughout the day. I'm a bit envious of the fun day they had and a little sad that I missed out on it. He brought them downtown to the Farmer's Market where they met Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Marla. Then they had brunch and continued the day at the Taste of Omaha.



Eventually they made their way home after a fun morning and afternoon. Dean said Ayla had to go #2 so she ran in to use her potty. He went in and checked on her after a minute and she was sitting on the potty with her hands over her ears. She said her poo-poo was like thunder so she had to cover her ears. :)


They went outside to ride her tricycle and blow some bubbles.
I LOVE this hat on her...she looks soo cute and it shades her face from the sun.

And to top off the evening, Grandma and Grandpa came over for dinner. Dean said both girls were very good...give or take a moment here and there. :) I'm so glad they had a fun day together...it makes me feel less guilty for being away.


After my 13 hour day, I walked into the house to Dean holding a happy Aubree out in the doorway so all I could see was her and a bottle of red wine and a tub of chocolate ice cream waiting for me on the counter. He knew I had had a long day and was ready to be home to relax. :) Lucky me! After we each chatted about our day, we sat down and checked out a website called www.damnyouautocorrect.com. Hilarious. I don't remember the last time I laughed that hard. I was snorting and had tears coming out of my eyes. It's seriously the funniest thing I've encountered in a long time. If you ever need a pick-me-up, go check it out. So. Awesome. Great end to a busy day.

No comments: