Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Weight-check

I took Aubree to the doctor's office this morning for a weight-check.  Dr. Davey wanted her to be back up to her birthweight of 7lbs 7oz. by now, but she weighed in just an ounce shy of it at 7lbs 6oz.  Darn it.  We have to go in again next week...the goal weight is 7lbs 13oz.  I think she will make it because the past few days, I have been pumping and feeding her with bottles.  I had a feeling she wasn't getting enough to eat through just breastfeeding.  My feelings were confirmed when we went in for her first check-up and she had only gained a couple ounces in a week.  Now, I can see how much she's eating...makes me feel a whole lot better and her tummy is actually full after a feeding.

And sorry about the "Debbie Downer" post I put up yesterday.  That's what was on my mind and somehow, putting it out there made me feel better...as did the comments that were left for me.  The perfectionist in me took over but I've realized that I need to take a step back and RELAX and take things as they come.  So what if the laundry doesn't get done or I don't make the beds or empty the dishwasher, right? 

No comments: