Monday, April 4, 2011

Sigh.

Two is hard. Kids, that is. It'll be two weeks tomorrow since Aubree was born and I'm desperately trying to figure out life with a sassy toddler and a newborn. I've had really good days and really really really bad days where I swear tears were coming out of my eyes all day. My mom has come over a few times and it helps tremendously. Today, she and my dad came to pick up Ayla. She has spent the whole day with them and is going to spend the night and will come home tomorrow before her nap. While I've enjoyed just having one to look after today, I have felt a lingering sense of guilt all day that Ayla is not here. While I know it's good for her to get out of the house and spend time with my parents and it's a break for me, I can't help but feel like I'm failing. I know, I know...it's only been a couple of weeks and I will figure this out with time and before I know it, I'll be completely comfortable with our new life. But in the meantime, I just feel a bit overwhelmed. I like to be in control of whatever situation I'm in and right now I feel like I have zero control. Sigh. I will be okay though...just had to get that out of my system. And on a more positive note--pictures! :) Aubree was awake earlier today for two and a half hours straight. It's a record!

6 comments:

JAnit said...

You will probably have those moments many more days....sigh...it is hard. I watch a 3 y/o and a newly 12 month old and some days I LOVE it and other days I want to rip my hair out and question what type of mother will I be to 2 kids :)Hang in there and have another glass of wine, lol.

Unknown said...

It does get easier...I promise! I miss Lily so much when she goes to daycare and Avery is just home with me. I prefer to have them both home with me. It is more of a hassle for me to get Lily ready in the mornings, take her to daycare, and then come back home. Like you said, after a while, you won't know it any other way and it will seem like Aubree has ALWAYS been a part of the family. You are in a period of adjustment. She is such a little doll! I think she looks very different from Ayla as a baby??

Anne said...

Thanks so much you guys! I need to get out of this slight slump and your words really do help!

Missy, I think Aubree looks VERY different! I see similarities when her eyes are closed, but when they're open, I don't feel like they look anything alike!

Aunt Kathy said...

Hang in there Annie! We've all been there and we (and our Kids!) have lived to tell about it. You're an awesome Mommy -- all the time!

JAnit said...

We all have our "Debbie Downer" days, so no worries. That what friends (and blogs) are for- to let if off our chest and feel better :)

Erika said...

Anne,
You are an amazing mommy! Remember that:)