Monday, April 18, 2011

Early Easter Egg Hunt and One-Month Party

This past Saturday morning, we went to Dean's boss' neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt. They have two little girls pretty much the same age as Ayla and Aubree. We were not prepared for how chilly it was! We were not dressed warm enough at all...I felt so bad for Ayla. Parents of the Year, here. At first, she didn't know what in the heck was going on, but within minutes, she was loading up her basket. :) Couple random photos first:
Walking to the hunt

Proud Big Sister
On Sunday, my dad cooked up a feast to celebrate my niece, Makayla's first birthday and Aubree's Chinese "One-Month" Celebration at our restaurant. We had a FULL house and the food, as always, was amazing...thank you Mom and Dad for putting so much work into it!
And a couple more random pictures from this morning...Ayla still LOVES the dozens of bouncy balls that she owns. She said she was making a circle out of them.

Aubree will be 4 weeks tomorrow...crazy how quickly it goes. We're all doing well. Ayla is back to her old self for the most part and I no longer feel like I need to admit myself. We've had to start time-outs this past week and I'm shocked at how effective they are. I can't believe she actually sits there.


Aubree has a really strange eating pattern sometimes, but I think it'll be a while before she's on an actual schedule. Right now, it's still very unpredictable which can make for long nights. She hasn't been sleeping that well overnight lately. I think she's gassy, but besides gas drops, I don't know how to help her. :( She definitely likes to be held during the day, which isn't easy when I have Ayla to take care of too. I've read that you can't spoil babies 6-months and younger, but I'm not sure I believe that. When we started swaddling Ayla, she was perfectly content and even started sleeping longer stretches at night. Aubree doesn't seem to love it as much as her big sister. We have to leave her arms out, otherwise she grunts and freaks out. We might have to try her arms in again though...maaaybe she'll change her mind and like it and sleeeeeep :) I'm already having to supplement with formula which bums me out a bit. With Ayla, I always had plenty but this time around, it seems like I'm only producing half as much. Any suggestions??

5 comments:

Laura said...

Drink LOTS of water-stay hydrated. And the less gassy foods you eat, the less she gets-maybe that will also help her sleep :).

Leah said...

cute pictures! Glad everything is getting back to routine ;) I wanna meet her when we come back in June! ;)

Leah said...

cute pictures! Glad everything is getting back to routine ;) I wanna meet her when we come back in June! ;)

Unknown said...

I started taking Fenugreek right away with Avery because I struggled so much with nursing Lily. It helped a ton and I am still exclusively breastfeeing Avery and I have an entire freezer full of stored milk. I still take the Fenugreek and I get it at Hy-Vee in their organinc/herbal section. I think it is around 8 dollars per bottle and there are 180 capsules in one bottle. I take 3 capsules 3 times a day. I noticed an increase in my supply within 2 days. I also notice that if I do not drink enough my supply drops slightly. In the beginning I would pump after each feeding and I still get up in the middle of the night to pump while she sleeps. Hope this helps!

Anne said...

Missy! That helps a ton! I've been drinking an organic tea with fenugreek in it for the past several days and I've noticed an increase in supply but the tea tastes like POO! The capsules would be MUCH better! I'm going to have to go get them!! Thanks!!