Wednesday, June 9, 2010

06.09.10

Today while I was getting Ayla ready for her nap, I could not find her little blankie. It's almost always in her crib or somewhere in the living room. I ran around to a few more spots and decided to give up. She has a second one (that she doesn't know about) so I grabbed that one for the time being. While she was napping, I. Looked. Everywhere. I looked at any possible place she could have stashed it while I wasn't paying attention--the fridge, trash, toilets, closets, cabinets, dishwasher...literally every place I could think of. I started to go crazy. I couldn't believe I couldn't find it. I double and then triple checked each spot I already looked...I even looked in my car and in the yard. Then I really started to go nuts. I was thinking crazy thoughts--"Did I flush it down the toilet?" "Did Kody eat it?" Did I eat it?" I reluctantly gave up and just told myself it would turn up. It had to be in the house somewhere. Before dinner, Ayla grabbed a bucket of lego-type toys and dumped it all out...as she did this, I heard her happily squeal, "Blankie!" Hmm...never would have looked there. I honestly don't think I would have slept well had we not found it.
And an exciting bit of news--Ayla pooped in the potty!!! First time! For the past several days, she has been consistently peeing in the potty before her bath and she has even, on a couple occasions, told me she had to pee while we were in the bathroom. I don't know if I'm helping or hurting by just having her go before her bath for now. She's a bit reluctant to go throughout the day. Any words of wisdom, moms (and dads)? Tonight, she didn't pee and I figured she just didn't need to go, but then she made her cute little poop face and went. It was so funny...she peeked down into the potty and exclaimed, "What IS this?!" She asked a couple times, so I told her but it didn't help her feel any better about it. She was actually a little freaked out and said, "all done" with more urgency than usual and stood up. But once I made a big ado about it and placed two M&M's in her hands, she was all smiles and kept saying, "Ayla, poo-poo potty!" Who knew I would ever be this excited about someone pooping?

1 comment:

Erika said...

That's huge news Anne!!! Yay Ayla! Grace still gets two "m's" for that. Klaire is still not interested, kudos to you for starting early. :)