Friday, June 4, 2010

06.04.10

After a big thunderstorm a few nights ago where the sky was blacker than black and my chin kept dropping as I raced home because it looked like midnight at five in the afternoon, the great weather has returned and we've had a couple of wonderful evenings.
We went on a walk after dinner on Thursday and last night, we went downtown to Marla's to grill out on the roof of her apartment building. Afterwards, we walked to Ted & Wally's for Omaha's best ice cream. Yum.

There are a couple of pictures of Dean, Ayla, and me that I love so much. I whine to Dean constantly about how we don't have enough family photos...especially ones that aren't so pose-y. So thank you, Barb, for grabbing my camera and taking a few shots. They are a couple of images that I will always cherish. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
And a quick update on the potty, numbers, and colors--

Potty--we've had several successful potties, but no poo yet. The pure glee in her face when she gets that one M&M for peeing just makes my day. It's so cute. I think she understands what the potty is, which was what I wanted. I don't know that I want to completely dive in to potty training just yet. I don't really know why. I think I'm afraid of it. She has become very anti-Pull-Up. I realize that many people are anti-training pants, but I figured we'd give it a try. I don't want to push it so much that she scraps the whole idea all together. We'll take it slow...when she's ready, she's ready.

Numbers--it goes a little something like this: "Two...four...six...seven...nine...TEN!" And then she expects applause. At least she's going in order...just leaving out a few numbers. :)

Colors--she knows what words are colors, but when we ask her what color something is, she always says pink, which in her world, is not always wrong. That would be my fault.

No comments: