Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Dean headed back up to the cabin for the long weekend, so Ayla, Kody, and I were on our own. However, both sets of grandparents helped out with Ayla so I could get out and do a few things with friends. (THANK YOU). On Friday evening, Grandma and Grandpa came over so I could meet Leah (in town from Ohio) and a few other people. I didn't get a picture of Leah and me, unfortunately...but here is one that Erika reluctantly took. :) And doesn't she look fabulous? It was a great night to sit out on the patio and have a couple of drinks. It was just what I needed.
On Saturday, Yeh-Yeh and Nai-Nai took Ayla so I could go watch the first Huskers game. I had her all decked out in her Huskers gear, but within minutes, we lost a bow and a sock...so they came off.

Her face in this picture cracks me up...she saw my dad coming outside and as you can see from her expression, she was oh-so-excited about it.
The game didn't start until 6:00 pm, but we decided to go snag a table at 3:00 pm. Yes, three hours early. Turns out, maybe just two hours early would have been just fine. We did get a really good spot though and admittedly, it was pretty nice to just sit and not have to get up if I didn't want to for such an extended amount of time. That doesn't happen too often anymore. It was a great game and a fun time, but I'm afraid I'm getting too old for this let's-start-drinking-at-three-in-the-afternoon business. It sounded like a fantastic idea, but a measly four beers later in a span of a whole six hours, this girl was ready for bed. How sad. I was asleep by 11:00 pm.
It was my mom's birthday on Sunday, so Ayla and I met my parents, my brother, his kiddos, and Surina for lunch at Olive Garden. We hadn't been there in quite a while...it was great until, much to my brother's delight, Ayla became the "loud kid". Good thing it was about time to go at that point.
Playing in her crib before bathtime
Monday was horribly boring...by then, I couldn't wait for Dean to get home. Ayla refused to take her usual late morning nap and got so worked up that she got sick. Twice. I absolutely hate seeing her throw up. When she was younger, it was just a little amount, but now that she eats and drinks more, it's much more dramatic so I don't handle it very well. I feel so bad for her when it happens. So, she was crying and then I started crying and she kept looking at me and scrunching up her face because she didn't know what was going on. Then she tried picking the tears off of my face with her little fingers and kept giving me kisses. It was so sweet. Finally, she went down for a nap about three hours later than normal and once she woke up, I decided it was time for us to get out of the house. We were both going stir-crazy. We headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's house and then we all went over to Village Pointe and walked around, went into a couple stores and even stopped for some ice cream. It was a gorgeous day and it was so nice to be out of the house.
After that, we came back and waited for Daddy to come home. He arrived a touch earlier than expected which is always a nice surprise. :)
We had a good weekend (minus the crying-barfing episode)...hope you all did, too!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Anne,
It was SOOOO great to see you on Friday night! I'm so glad that we were able to catch up for a bit.... it had been awhile. (Thanks for working that out... and please tell Dean's parents "thank you" for me :) ) I'm happy that the weather was beautiful too so we could sit out on the patio! I wish we remembered to take some more pictures though. When I came back home.. I realized that I hardly took any pictures this time! Oh well.. we will take more next time...which would mean in the winter (when we are all pale, right?) You and E look beautiful in that pic by the way :)

Ayla looks ADORABLE in her little husker cheerleader outfit! I LOVE it!!! :) I can't believe that she is almost a year old already!

Leah