Sunday, September 27, 2009

Husker baby...

We're less than one week away from Ayla's first birthday! We think she might be walking by then. Just today, she has been taking several steps unassisted without us prompting her. She has also figured out that her walker can help her and was almost running across the kitchen with it. I got so excited seeing her walk on her own but at the same time, I got tears in my eyes. How has this year gone so quickly?
I took this picture of her after she went down for her nap today...I just want to pick her up and squeeze her. This past week, she has whittled herself down to one measly nap around 11:00 or noon and unfortunately, she only sleeps for about an hour. She refuses to take her second nap that used to fall around 3:00 or 4:00. Needless to say, she starts to get cranky early in the evening so she's been going to bed a little earlier. Tonight, she was out by 7:15...we'll see what time she wakes up in the morning.

4 comments:

Leah said...

I seriously LOVE that huskers outfit!!! I can't believe that she is going to be a year old already. The time has flown by!
From the pictures and the stories, I bet she will be walking by then too!

The Wannabe Redhead said...

I love Husker Babies!! Yours is so cute :)

I just want to squeeze her after looking at that picture of her napping too! :)

Laura said...

where did you get such a little pillow?? its super cute!

Anne said...

Laura, my mom made that pillow for her. She loves it!