Monday, September 21, 2009

FridaySaturdaySunday

We (and by "we" I mean Dean) put together a shelf in the living room for Ayla's toys. We started out with one small basket in the corner of the room, but after nearly a year, that basket turned into an out-of-control pile. It was an eyesore, so we decided to get organized. And just for the record, I am totally capable of putting together a shelf. Ayla has the same one in her room and I put it together all by myself while I was still pregnant. It may have taken me three times longer than Dean, but I got it done. :)

On Saturday, we watched the Husker game, which turned out to be such a disappointment. We were so close...only lost by one point. That deserves a triple SIGH. Lisa and our neighbors, Dave, Megan, and their adorable little man, Jack, came over to watch with us. Ayla was so busy watching Jack play that she actually stayed in one spot for possibly an entire half an hour. She just leaned against the couch right next to me and quietly observed. Very weird. It was so unlike her. She had an awesome Huskers onesie jersey on...the only picture I took was this fuzzy one from my cell phone. The best part was the "HUSKERS" printed across her butt. I'll get a better picture next weekend...
On Sunday, we hung out at home for a while and after Ayla's nap, we picked up Grandma and Grandpa and drove to the small town of Plattsmouth to roam around for a couple hours and enjoy the nice weather. We also went to Pamida to check out the sign with Ayla's picture on it. We think she knew it was her...when she saw it, she smiled and kept pointing at herself.
After our little trip, we headed home for dinner...it was a beautiful evening so we spent some time outside on the deck. All Ayla wants to do lately is hold on to our hands and walk. Everywhere. She just can't get enough of it! She will be so happy when she's walking independently...she's still just taking a few steps at a time but we can tell she's becoming more and more stable. One of these days, she's just going to take off.

6 comments:

Bridget said...

That Husker onesie jersey is SO CUTE!! Where did you find that???

Meghan Gonzales said...

You should have tried to steal the Pamida sign - I would have! HA! :)

Anonymous said...

Anne, I love how you always and ONLY post positive things! Its funny how people bitch about a public blog and who is reading it! Just makes me laugh. Yet those people do the same thing but they actually take stuff from "other" peoples blogs and bitch on there site about it! Way to keep your blog about your beautiful family and nothing more :)

Anne said...

Bridget--I found that Husker jersey at Husker Hounds...if they don't have it at the store, you can also order it online.

Sheila Mac said...

lol too cute. it does suck to see the huskers lose and then our Lions lost too. double boo. Same boat as you I but together the shelf in Brocks room when I was 7 months pregnant (mine is a 3 x 3). I am never on my blog but do you Facebook?

Anne said...

Sheila...I do have a Facebook page! Search "Anne Wang Peterson".

I tried the diaper changing thing...no luck. She was furious that I was trying to hold her down. Hopefully this is just a phase. A really long one.