Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Party animal

Believe it or not, this girl left the house both nights this past weekend. Holy craziness, I know. On Friday night, Dean and I joined the rest of the world and finally went to see "The Hangover" while Grandma and Grandpa baby-sat Ayla. We haven't seen a movie together since before Ayla was born.

On Saturday, Yeh-Yeh and Nai-Nai took Ayla in the afternoon...almost as soon as they pulled out of the driveway, I felt lost and had no idea how to spend these completely free hours. Dean was gone too. After a few minutes of sitting on the couch while my ears started to ring from the silence, I decided to go to the mall...something else I haven't done in a really long time. I had big plans to reinvent my entire wardrobe, which is oh-so-depressing at this point in time, but after two hours of shopping, I came home with only one shirt which I can't even wear until I find the perfect cami to go under it and some jewelry. Darn.

That evening, I put my heels on and went out for dinner and drinks with Megan and Lisa...again, something I haven't done in far too long. After dinner, we headed to our friend Chrissy's 30th birthday get-together. It was so great to see everyone! I need to get out more. I was so thrilled at the idea of being able to sleep in the next morning since Ayla would be at my parents' house, but how does it always work out that even though I went to bed FOUR hours later than my usual bedtime, I woke up even earlier than normal and proceeded to feel like a total zombie for the rest of the day. What a totally twisted world it is...sigh.

The birthday girl!

No comments: