Monday, August 17, 2009

Learning

I feel like all of a sudden, Ayla is learning so many new things! It's so fun! We don't spend very much time with her in the basement so she hasn't had a chance to try and climb stairs, but I decided to let her give it a shot while we were at my parents' house...within a few minutes, she was a pro. Oh boy, what did I do?

I like to sit on the ground while she plays and watch her roam around the living room and do her thing...lately, she'll play for quite a while and then she'll come over and crawl all over me and onto my lap and hang out for a couple minutes before she heads off again. I love it. Sometimes she'll stand in front of me, just inches from my face and play with my necklace. It's like she's checking in with me and it's the closest I'll get to her snuggling with me on her own accord.

More than a handful of times now, she has seen me and said "mama"...soooo do I get to say that she really knows it?! She also says something that resembles "dada" when she sees Dean. Tonight, Dean noticed that her words for "dad" and "dog" are strangely similar. Hmm.

When she hears a phone ring or picks up her toy phone, she holds it up to her ear and says "hi!" She sounds like a little southern girl. She says "bye" in the same tone. It's so cute. She really loves Elmo; right now his name is "Ah-me." Close enough. :) She understands more words than she can say. If we ask her where a certain thing is, she'll look for it and point at it. It's fascinating how babies' minds work...it amazes me that they learn so quickly. And a head-scratcher--when she picks up the tv remote, she turns around and points it at the tv. What? She rarely sees the tv on, let alone seeing us actually turn it on...how does she know?

1 comment:

Erika said...

What a cutie pie:) I see you in her more every day Anne!
Isn't it amazing what they pick up on...that never stops either-wait till she's bossing you around at 2! It's SO fun:) Actually it's pretty hilarious. ha ha!
Erika