Saturday, January 17, 2009

Random ramblings...

It's 7:30 on a Saturday night and I'm sitting at home...bored. Ayla is sleeping...not real sure if this is a really late nap or if she's down for the night. (We might be in trouble tonight if she's sleeping so much right now!) She usually takes her longest nap late in the morning, so this is pretty unusual. This past week, her eating/sleeping schedule has been way off. During the day, she is perfectly happy and eats well but come early evening...5-6pm-ish, she becomes more fussy than she's ever been and doesn't want to eat. Ayla not eating=worried Mom. We thought maybe she needed an earlier bedtime, so we've been testing that out, but I don't know if that's what it is. I called the doctor's office today just to see if they had any ideas...they said maybe it's acid reflux like before. We stopped giving her medicine for it about a month ago and she seemed fine without it, but we're going to put her back on it and see if we see any improvements. I sure hope so because she's been getting SO upset and I feel like nothing we do consoles her. It's a stressful time of night for all of us!

Remember how I so proudly stated around Christmas that she's sleeping through the night? Well, huh. She's not anymore. The DAY that I posted that blog, she quit. I think I jinxed us! She went six nights in a row and since then, she's gone a night here and a night there, but nothing consistent. Now she generally wakes around 4am to eat...not horrible, but we're wondering what made her sleep so much before?? Just like everyone says, once we think we have her "schedule" figured out, she switches it up on us...keeps on our toes, I suppose. ;)

We'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks while I'm at home with her...

And on to a completely different topic. I'm going to talk boobs for just a minute or four, so if it's not something you want to know about, stop reading HERE and I'll see you at my next post. :) So, I seemed to have missed the memo about how having a baby includes a free breast reduction. Yep. After I stopped breastfeeding (pumping), they packed up and left. A one-way ticket to boobie-heaven. I keep thinking that if they get any smaller, I'll be concave. [Sigh] Not that they were huge to begin with, but...enough. Now? Not so much. Push-up bras, we're in business...

1 comment:

Mommy of Twins said...

I give the twins their last bottle sometime between 8:30 and 9:30 and they are asleep in bed by 10pm everynight. I am trying to get them in bed by 9 because not waking up until 6 am isn't working though because I have to be out of the house by 6:30. I haven't been able to get them in bed before 930 though. I don't know what to tell you about Ayla??? What does the book say? I can't remember reading anyting about that....I do know that the twins are up about 2 hours during the day and then take a 45-60 minute nap with a longer morning nap. Their other naps are pretty short though...maybe that makes them tired enough to sleep at night??? good luck...lets get together soon? Maybe next weekend?