Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fun at home...

Yesterday was the start of two whole weeks that I get to stay home with Ayla. I don't remember if I've explained why...my parents (who watch her during the day while I'm at work) are out of town for a couple of weeks, so while they're away, I get to stay home! Once they get home, Dean and I leave for our trip to Cancun...three weeks off from work...you can't beat that!
I've devoted my time at home towards exploring new ways to make her laugh. :) Apparently, "chuuunky chunkers" said over and over again in a high-pitched voice is hilarious...but only for about two minutes. Today, "Is that your doggy, Kody?" is the new punch line. Her chuckles ultimately lead to at least ten minutes of those painful sounding hiccups though...poor baby!
We had lots of visitors yesterday...Megan and Lisa came over in the afternoon and hung out with us for a little while. Then in the evening, Meghan and Heidi came over to play for a bit. Heidi is 7 months old and crawling all over the place! She's so fun to watch...what an adorable little girl! We tried to get pictures of them together but it's difficult when one of them is mobile! It'll be interesting when BOTH of them are on the go. :) Even later in the evening, Ayla's Uncle Ping and Surina came over for a quick visit...it was close to bedtime though, so she just wasn't having it!She hasn't rolled over again...she tries but just ends up hanging out on her side. If we place something in her hand, she'll get a good grip on it and automatically bring it to her mouth...she has yet to grab something on her own. New things are happening everyday though, so it won't be long!

1 comment:

Meghan Gonzales said...

Ayla is too cute!!! Thanks for letting me come hang for a wee bit - Heidi LOVES Dean - man was he getting her to laugh!