Monday, August 25, 2008

Ultrasound and appointment

I had an ultrasound today to check and see if the placenta had moved from its low-lying position. GOOD NEWS!!! It moved!!!! If it had still been low, I would have to have a c-section...not saying that I still won't but at least not for this reason. Dean went with me today so we could both see PIP again and he asked the ultrasound tech if we would get any new pictures today...she said sure!

After she checked the placenta, we got to see PIP's face! At first, she was just doing the regular pictures and it looked like she had some big lips!! But then she switched over to the 3D pictures and we were able to see more clearly...no worries, not so huge. I didn't think we'd get to see the 3D ones at all (I thought it was some special thing that you had to go in for) so it was a surprise! I was a little worried at first...I don't know why. Just didn't know what to expect, I guess! But it ended up being really cool! It was amazing to see more than just a fuzzy, flat, black and white picture. She wouldn't move her arm away from her face, so the first picture looks like she's shaking her fist at us...like she's telling the world, "Don't mess with me!" In the other two, you can see her face a little better...in one, she's starting to stick her tongue out. We decided that she looks like me when I'm pissed off...uh-oh. I just can't believe that she's in there...this cute little person with all her little features. It's incredible.

After the ultrasound, we went to my regular appointment...everything is still right on track...weight, blood pressure, baby's heartbeat and position (her head's down right on top of my bladder...feels good.) She said my feet look a little swollen...I told her that they don't get too bad until the end of the day, so it's not too big of a deal. All in all, we're doing well!

One more random thing before I post this entry...last night I dreamed that I met Justin Timberlake (!!!) and I, somehow, got to be on stage right before he ended his show. He decided to throw his shoes out to the crowd and before he threw the second one, I stepped in front of him and begged him to give me his shoe...he hesitated for a second and I pointed down at my belly and said, "For the baby!!" I got the shoe. Uh-huh, I totally used PIP to get Justin Timberlake's shoe...

No comments: