Tuesday, August 19, 2008

3rd Class...the nursery...my feet...and a crazy day!

We went to our third 'prepared childbirth' class last night and it was soooooooooo boooooooooooring. This is so bad, but the only topics I can recall talking about are epidurals and the heart monitor that they stick on the baby's head. Looks like I'll have to go back through our book and do some reviewing. I was extremely distracted because of my stupid allergies. I don't know what it is about those classrooms but pretty much as soon as I step into them, my nose gets all itchy and plugged up. I was miserable! We ended up leaving a half an hour early because I was so frustrated and bothered by it. I don't think Dean was too disappointed about leaving. Next week, we are going to the hospital for a tour...I'm actually looking forward to it!

The shelf in the nursery has been hung!!! YAY!!! (Thanks to Dean and his dad!) So now, everything is basically done...minus her name in wooden letters that will go on the right side of the shelf (once we figure out what her name is.) Here are a few pictures:





I think my feet are continuing to expand...they're wide! I tried on a couple different pairs of shoes that I haven't worn in a while and they were pretty snug. The good thing is, they don't tend to get puffy until later in the day/evening. At that point, it kind of looks like my toes are being eaten by the rest of my feet...pretty.

So, on to the crazy day I had...allow me to vent for just a minute or four. I just have to get it out of my system and I'll be much better. Today, the freshmen up at the high school by our restaurant started classes, but only had a half-day. The words "half-day" are like nails on a chalkboard when spoken in our restaurant. The school is basically right across the street and since freshmen can't drive, they all stampede into our restaurant and torture us for a couple hours. These craptastic little punks come in all at once and fill our entire dining room so that our regulars are either forced to get a to-go order or sit in the midst of chaos while dealing with the deafening decibels of mindless teenage chatter. They're loud, they're messy, they don't tip, some don't even eat and just want to turn our restaurant into a hang-out, they're disrespectful, and they plain just don't care. Honestly, really, truly, if I had to describe a personal hell, this would be it. Yes. It's THAT bad. I DESPISE half-days. I don't know to how many kids I had to say "knock it off!" One would think a 14 or 15 year old could act like a normal human being in public...but we could only be so lucky. And add the August heat and being nearly 8-months pregnant to the mix...you get the picture.

SIGHHHHHHHHHHHH.

1 comment:

j.sarge said...

The nursery is beautiful. I love the colors and the layout you picked.

I am expecting my second little girl in September. Her color scheme is lavendars. My first daughter Joslyn she has everything pink!! Little girls are so fun.

Congrats and good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy.

Jennifer