Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Cabin 2013 {Part 5: Trip Up North to Beaver Bay}

Mid-week, Dean and I took an overnight trip a couple hours north of the cabin.  We stopped in Duluth on the way up for the weirdest massages ever--he had a hippie chick with armpit hair who paused awkwardly after everything she said.  And I had a 60-year old dude who looked like a mortician and wouldn't stop talking the whole time.  The rooms were super bright and the windows were open so we could hear the traffic below.  Totally weird.  We had lunch after our massages, stopped at Split Rock along the way to check out the lighthouse, and made one more stop after that for a quick beer and some fried cheese curds before we made it to our hotel/lodge.  It was gorgeous.  We would definitely stay there again.  We took what I considered to be a hike out to a point by the hotel.  I had no idea that we would be trekking across rocks and such so I had sandals on and a glass of wine in my hand.  Oops.  Outdoorsy, I am not.  Not even close.  We topped the night off with dinner and drinks at the hotel.  It was such a great, relaxing day.  It was fun to get out and go somewhere we've never been before.  The next morning, we slept in, grabbed breakfast at the hotel, stopped to grab an amazing apple pie, and headed back to the cabin.


Aunt Marla did Ayla's nails while we were gone!



This is the only picture I got of the lighthouse before my phone decided to die on me.  I'll have to upload the ones that Dean took on his phone.

View from the deck of our room.

My favorite purchase of the week--sippy wine cups!


View of our hotel from the point.













No comments: