Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Cabin 2013 {Part 4: Lake Superior}

We went up to Duluth, Minnesota for lunch one day, strolled through a few stores, and headed up to Lake Superior to have some fun at the beach.  Every time I see this lake, it blows my mind.  I can't believe how huuuuge it is!  This was my favorite thing that we did with the girls.  I love seeing them experience things for the first time and looooving it.  Ayla was all about it from the beginning.  Aubree was a bit apprehensive at first...it took just a couple minutes of coaxing and getting her toes wet before a smile spread across her face. After that, she was go-go-go and we had to have a good grip on her so she wouldn't run off on her own. She makes me nervous a lot. :)
Playing with Barbies after breakfast before heading up to Duluth.






Lunch!






Heading to the beach!

Ayla was so excited! :)

Slowly making her way in...

Brrrr!



There's that smile!




My unsuccessful attempt at getting a picture with Ayla...she wanted nothing to do with it.  I was making her pause her fun!




Mom, I promise Ayla did not fall into the water...she was just goofing around.












Aubree discovered that she was on the biggest sandbox she'd ever seen and was soon coated in sand and loving every second of it.










Rinsing the sand off...

...only to climb right back in.

I was proud of Ayla for digging right in as well and getting a little dirty...she's such a clean freak normally!


Aunt Char made Ayla into a mermaid!


Aubree's turn to be a mermaid!

Two little mermaids!

Look at that lip! She was so sad to leave!




This little lady had too much fun!



Back at the cabin!

No comments: